Accounts Manager (BCM: SALAM01)Irvine, CA
We are seeking an outstanding Accounts Manager to coordinate and manage the daily activities associated with a pre-assigned number of existing accounts. Candidates will work out of BCM’s Irvine, CA office.
- The role of the Accounts Manager is to work directly with assigned customers to address and manage their needs on a daily basis whether solving their requirements directly or assisting to resolve their issues with the help of other departments within the organization.
- The main job responsibilities include accepting and processing new orders, reviewing new purchase orders for accuracy including part number, price, payment terms, lead-time, order type, freight terms, etc. Confirming order acceptance per customer requirements and communicating delivery schedules. Maintain any customer required reporting such as open orders reports, inventories on hand, or blanket purchase order schedules. Learn and access any customer related cloud-based inventory management programs such as Nocturn, Supply Web, iSupplier, or Ariba.
- Proactively maintain verbal and email communications with customer contact points on a regular or daily basis. Proactively provide customer service functions to help customers resolve any concerns or issues including navigating customers through other BCM departments such as Repair Service, Accounting, Sales, or Technical Support as needed to solve their problems.
- Resolve all order related issues including parts received, schedule conflicts, schedule pull-in/push-outs, receipt discrepancies, as well as assist accounting as needed to resolve customer payment issues.
- Additional duties include providing freight and expedite price quotes, soliciting new orders based on lead-time or forecast deficits, and helping to request forecast updates on a regular basis.
- Access BCM’s CRM system on a daily basis to update customer notes, review and respond to tasks from other departments related to the customers you support, view quotes, or enter tasks to other departments for information or items you may require from them to support your key customers.
- Reasonable proximity to work in BCM’s Irvine, California office.
- Several years of experience working in a sales or operations department, or business-to-business environment.
- A self-starter with a hands-on and proactive approach to getting things done with minimum supervision or guidance. A strong desire to add value by taking ownership to ensuring the accounts you manage get the best possible service.
- Experience in computer/electronics field a plus.
- A team player mentality and strong desire to help customers succeed is required.
- Possibly light travel (when business travel resumes) as needed to visit key accounts with the account sales manager. Business travel is not a requirement for this position.
- A college degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, great organizational abilities, and the ability to multitask
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as the ability to learn non-standard programs such as order entry, inventory management, and CRM.
Compensation commiserate with experience plus annual performance bonus after first year of service.