- The role of the key account specialist is to work directly with assigned customers on a daily basis and provide direct support to the sales department.
- The main job responsibilities include accepting and processing new orders, reviewing new purchase orders for accuracy including part number, price, payment terms, lead-time, order type, freight terms, etc.. Confirming order acceptance per customer requirements and communicating delivery schedules. Maintain any customer required reporting such as open orders reports, inventories on hand, or blanket purchase order schedules. Learn and access any customer related online order or inventory portals for Kanban, vendor managed inventory, or consignment inventory such a Noctrun, Agile, or any other customer unique programs.
- Proactively maintain verbal and email communications with customer contact points worldwide on a regular or daily basis. Proactively provide customer service functions to help customers resolve any concerns or issues including navigating customers through other BCM departments as needed to solve their problems.
- Resolve all order related issues including parts received, schedule conflicts, pull-in/push-outs, receipt discrepancies, as well as assist accounting as needed to resolve payment issues related to purchase orders.
- Additional duties include providing freight and expedite price quotes, soliciting new orders based on lead-time or forecast deficits, and helping to request forecast updates on a regular basis.
- Access to BCM’s CRM system on a daily basis to update customer notes, review and respond to tasks from other departments related to the customers you support, or enter tasks to other departments for information or items you may require to support your key customers.
- Reasonable proximity to work in BCM’s Irvine, California office.
- Several years of experience in a sales or operations department or environment.
- A hands-on and proactive approach to getting things done. A strong desire to add value by taking ownership to ensure your key accounts get the best possible service.
- Experience in ODM computer/electronics field strongly desired.
- A team player mentality and strong desire to help customers succeed is required.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus.
- Light travel as needed to visit key accounts with the account manager.
- A college degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, great organizational abilities, and the ability to multitask.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as the ability to learn non-standard programs such as order entry, inventory management, and CRM.
Compensation includes salary commiserate with experience plus annual performance bonus after first year of service.